Golden Retrievers are placed within the Ohio area, and in rare instances, in adjoining states, i.e., PA or MI. If applying from out of state, you must be willing to drive all the way to us to meet a new dog and all the way back with the dog, should the adoption not work out.
The adoption fee for our dogs:
$600 - for a puppy up to 1 year;
$500 - for a dog 2 to 4 years of age;
$400 - 5 - 8 years old;
$300 - 9 years and older
Being all volunteers, everyone involved in our rescue donates their time and efforts to help these wonderful dogs. We do not have a paid staff, office or kennel. Every effort is made to process your application in a timely manner.
The adoption process is outlined below and can take anywhere from 1 week to 3 or more weeks, depending on the available dogs, the number of approved applications and your personal circumstances and flexibility.
- Interested parties must begin by submitting a completed adoption application. You can fill one out on line or download a printable version. Submission of an application does not guarantee an adoption. We do not adopt on a first-come-first-served basis. All dogs are placed in the home environment that best suits them.
- Your application is received and reviewed as quickly as possible. Please let your veterinarian know that we will be contacting them. Once the vet check is completed and approved, we will contact you for a personal interview. If all goes well, we will set up a home visit where everyone in your family will learn about adopting a rescued golden.
- If the home visit is satisfactory, an adoption coordinator will work with you to determine which dog(s) might be a good match for you, your family and your lifestyle. We will then arrange for you to meet one of our dogs.
- All adopters are required to sign an Adoption Agreement, outlining housing, care, control and ownership responsibilities that all adopters are expected to adhere to.
- You should also know that before any golden is placed into an adoptive home, the golden has already been seen by a veterinarian, spayed/neutered, updated on all shots, heartworm tested and any other medical issues have been addressed. You will be informed of any medical conditions prior to adoption.
Check out our current selection of available dogs: