*Download Adobe Acrobat Reader here
Thank you for your interest in our available Goldens.
The adoption process is as follows:
Fill out an Application
The application asks a lot of questions, but it is the best way for us to learn about you, and help to match you to the right dog for you.
Online application. All information must be complete including veterinarian references or the application will not be processed. If a question does not apply to you, please mark it N/A.
Download the application and fill it out as instructed above. Once your application is complete - please fax it to 440-238-2457 or 330-659-4767 (DO NOT LEAVE A VOICE MESSAGE ON THIS LINE. THE MESSAGE WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED).
Once your application is received:
1. Our Adoption team will review your application and contact you for an interview. If all goes well, an attempt will be made to match you to an available dog. Please understand that we are looking to place dogs in forever homes so decisions will be made based on the best fit for the dog and the family.
PLEASE NOTE THE ADOPTION PROCESS MAY
TAKE 3 - 4 WEEKS TO COMPLETE
2. Once a match is made, you will have an opportunity to talk with the foster family. As most of our dogs are fostered, you will be able to get a very good idea of whether the dog, with its habits, will be a good addition to your life and family.
3. If all parties agree that the match is a good one, an appointment will be set up for you to meet the dog. If all goes well, a contract will be signed and your adoption will be complete. If not, an attempt will be made to match you with another dog.
Dogs adopted from Golden Treasures often need to be treated by a veterinarian before they can be adopted. At the very least, available dogs will have up-to-date vaccinations and will be spayed/neutered. To help offset the costs of this medical treatment, it is necessary for us to charge an adoption fee. The fees are as follows:
- $600 - for a puppy up to 1 year;
- $500 - for a dog 2 to 4 years of age;
- $400 - 5 - 8 years old;
- $300 - 9 years and older
Thanks again for your interest in adopting a Golden!!