Once your application is received:
- Our first step is to contact your vet(s) for history on current and previous pets. If that vet check is ok, our adoption team will review your application and contact you for an interview. If all goes well, an attempt will be made to match you to an available dog. Please understand that we are looking to place dogs in forever homes so decisions will be made based on the best fit for the dog and the family.
PLEASE NOTE THE ADOPTION PROCESS MAY
TAKE 3-4 WEEKS, DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF DOGS VS. THE NUMBER OF APPROVED APPLICATIONS
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS AFTER THAT, CONTACT
- Once a match is made, you will have an opportunity to talk with the foster family and ask any questions. As most of our dogs are fostered, you will be able to get a very good idea of whether the dog, with its habits, will be a good addition to your life and family.
- If all parties agree that the match is a good one, an appointment will be set up for you to meet the dog. A home visit is also art of our process. If all goes well, a contract will be signed and your adoption will be complete. If not, an attempt will be made to match you with another dog.
Dogs adopted from Golden Treasures need to be treated by a veterinarian before they can be adopted. At the very least, available dogs will have up-to-date vaccinations and will be spayed/neutered and will be given heartworm prevention. Any other medical needs are also addressed. To help offset the costs of this medical treatment, it is necessary for us to charge an adoption fee. The fees are as follows:
- $600 - for a puppy up to 1 year;
- $500 - for a dog 2 to 4 years of age;
- $400 - 5 - 8 years old;
- $300 - 9 years and older