About Golden Treasures Rescue
In 2004, after many years in rescue, two dedicated golden lovers founded Golden Treasures Golden Retriever Rescue. Sandy and April knew that, due to the popularity of the breed, there were more than enough needy golden's and golden mixes who could benefit from their expertise in the rescue world. Thus, this new charitable, nonprofit became a reality.
Since its formation, Golden Treasures has been the result of the efforts of many volunteers, most of whom are still helping today. There are no paid employees. All of Golden Treasures’ volunteers are working around jobs and families, helping find new homes for displaced or unwanted golden's.
Golden Treasures enjoys a great reputation as a caring, professionally run, reputable breed-specific rescue. Shelters and vets are quick to call on us to help with dogs that need help or to recommend us to their clients. The dogs are our No. 1 priority. Since 2004, Golden Treasures has provided services to more than 500 golden's.
Our operations today are the result of refined and more efficient policies and procedures that were in place from its inception. Based on experience, we’ve been able to make changes that we feel help to find that perfect home for every one of our dogs.
Challenges continue, but the reward of knowing that we’ve helped dogs and families alike come together, makes it all worthwhile.
Golden Treasures Golden Retriever Rescue has been organized for the purpose of
- removing golden retrievers from unwanted and inappropriate homes and also from shelters;
- educating the public about responsible dog ownership; providing a resource for canine owners regarding the proper care and treatment of their dogs;
- educating the public about the breed and the need for obedience lessons for all dogs;
- encouraging, assisting and providing guidelines to other purebred fanciers to form rescue programs;
- and to provide an alternative to euthanization.
Some of the expenses associated with rescuing a golden include:
- Full veterinary exam upon entering our program, including
- vaccinations (rabies/corona/distemper/parvo),
- heartworm test (preventative given if negative, treatment given if positive),
- Any other medical procedures that are required, as determined by the examining veterinarian, such as
- special foods,
- thyroid/blood tests,
- just to name a few
- Long distance phone calls, gas for the car that travels to pull a dog on death row, shelter or pound fees, dog toys, food and beds, leashes, collars and tags
GOLDEN TREASURES GOLDEN RETRIEVER RESCUE, INC. has been organized for the purpose of removing Golden retrievers from unwanted and inappropriate homes and also from shelters; educating the public about responsible dog ownership, providing a resource for canine owners regarding the proper care and treatment of their dogs; educating the public about the breed and the need for obedience lessons for all dogs; encouraging, assisting and providing guidelines to other purebred fanciers to form rescue programs; and to provide an alternative to euthanization.